Regent University School of Udnergraduate Studies

Monday, June 25, 2007

Importance of Family





"I'm so glad your dad called me... you know I love him very much... and I love you, all of you." These were the words spoken by my Grandfather this past weekend. We celebrated his 96th birthday, my 29th birthday, and my sister's 25th birthday. We were all born in June. I met my Grandpa for the first time in January 0f 2007. Unfortunately my dad had a falling out with him around the time I was born and they didn't speak until the end of 2006. My Grandpa said, "I was ready to go at any time, but now that I get to see all of this (as he looked at his Grandchildren and Great Grandkids), I don't think I'm as ready to go yet." Every chance we get to see him feels like a miracle!! Cherish your family, and always let them know how much they mean to you. Sometimes each day slips past us so quickly that we forget to mention how much we really care.

No comments:

The publisher/owner of this website, Yvette Richardson, is solely responsible for decisions regarding site content. The views expressed herein are not necessarily those of Regent University and Regent University assumes no liability for any material appearing herein.